Re: [hylafax-users] GVC Fax 14400 V.42bis/MNP5 Modem Problem with Hylafax

On Sun, Jun 13, 2004 at 02:50:54PM -0700, Lee Howard wrote:
> That said, ultimately I think that you're going to be dissatisfied with
> this modem in more ways than just this.  Unfortunately, you're stuck
> with its limitation of "Class 2 only" support, and you'll likely be
> better off with another modem, something that at least supports Class 1.

While I'm useless for troubleshooting this (mainly because I've not got
enough time), I will say this: These modems are Class 1 and Class 2
capable. Now, how do I know this? I used to work the customer service
lines for MaxTech, which was the American reseller for GVC.

This modem does class 1 and class 2 (unless something really bizarre has
happened). I missed seeing the output of the ATI command set. Could
somebody repost that for me here for this modem (ATI0, ATI1, etc,
through ATI7)? It's possible that it was marketed as a GVC 14.4, but
isn't. Give me those ATI results, and I'll tell you more about it than
you want to know.

--
Michael J. Pedersen
My IM IDs: Jabber/pedersen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ICQ/103345809, AIM/pedermj022171