Re: [hylafax-users] CID question

On 2004.06.11 01:14 Ian Firla wrote:

Hello,

I have a CID-related question.

My Hylafax server sees the number of the caller as it's programmed
into
the caller's Fax machine. This is the number that's written into the
xferfaxlog and c# log files.

This is called CSI for the receiver, and TSI for the sender.

Obviously this works fine unless a) a caller hasn't programmed a
number
into their fax machine or b) they have programmed their number
incorrectly.

My ISDN line sees the caller's number. When I run minicom, for
example,
I see the caller's number.

I think that this is either Caller-ID or MSN, possibly ANI. In any case, HylaFAX uses them the same...

How can I configure hylafax to use this number rather than the one
transmitted by the fax machine?

You can't make it use it "rather than", but you can make it use it "in addition to".

In minicom take a look at how it displays the information, perhaps like this:

NMBR=3301234567

If you need to first run a CID-enable command like AT+VCID=1 then that's also important. In your modem config file put "CIDNumber: NMBR=" and also "ModemResetCmds: AT+VCID=1" if that's applicable. Then you should "see" the CID value show up in your faxrcvd.

I've looked through the documentation/googled on CID reception but,
unless I've misread, it assumes that CID is set and then explains how
configure CID-based rules. I can't even get Hylafax to see the CID
though.

Installation (Debian GNU/Linux) info:

ii  hylafax-client              4.1.1-3                     Flexible
client/server fax software - client utilities

ii  hylafax-server              4.1.1-3                     Flexible
client/server fax software - server daemons

You're using a rather old version of HylaFAX, so I don't know off-hand how many CID-related bugs you're going to encounter with it. Suffice it to say, I recommend that you upgrade to the 4.2.0 version, as you'll have much better usage of the CID information, since that seems important to you.