[hylafax-users] Hylafax 4.1.8 - Can not open modem (Invalid argument)

Hi,

We are running Hylafax 4.1.8 on a Redhat ES 3.0 system, with a total of 13
modems USB modems using Class 1. Modems ttyUSB0 -> ttyUSB5 for outgoing
faxes and ttyUSB6 -> ttyUSB12 for incoming faxing.

Since switching from Redhat 9.0 -> ES 3.0 we are having this message in the
log file. The good thing is that is isn't affecting the functionality of
Hylafax which means that both sending + receiving still works nicely. I just
wanted to see if anyone else has seen this message before. I don't think
that in fact it is specifically Hylafax giving this error message but a
system call from the OS used by the Faxgetty?

/var/log/messages:
Jun 11 09:15:16 roadrunner FaxGetty[21112]: /dev/ttyUSB7: Can not open modem
(Invalid argument)

/var/dev:
crw-------    1 uucp     root     188,   7 Jun 11 09:16 ttyUSB7

The permissions on the device are equivilent to what we had on Redhat 9.0

Has anyone seen this before?

P.S Thanks to everyone who helped me with my previous post - Hylafax 4.1.8 -
Regular Expression Problems

Regards
Philipp Burath
Mayne IT
Mayne Health - Western Diagnostic Pathology
74 Mc Coy Street Myaree WA 6154
Perth, Australia
Ph - 9317 0719
E-mail philipp.burath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx