Re: [hylafax-users] Unspecified Phase D error

On 2004.06.09 08:39 Pablo Alcubilla wrote:
Lee Howard wrote:

Firstly let me point out that I *strongly* doubt that the Diva Server will allow you to disable copy-quality checking on the modem. Thus, "Copy quality checking performed by host" is not accurate and could get you into trouble if ever the modem says RTN but HylaFAX CQ does not.

If you didn't read the README that comes with 4.2.0, then you missed this part:

* Due to tighter adherance to the Class 2 specifications, HylaFAX copy-
quality checking now operates slightly different in Class 2/2.0/2.1 than
in previous versions. This change will not effect users of most modems,
but users of the Eicon Diva Server will probably need to add
"Class2ECMType: 2.0" to their respective modem config files.

If you haven't, then I recommend that you do this. If you have, then we have a problem still with the codebase.

It was already done when that log was taken, also i didint mention before the version is HylaFAX (tm) Version 4.2.0beta1

/etc/hylafax# grep Class2ECMType *
config.ttyds01:Class2ECMType: 2.0 # follows Class 2.0 spec, not Class 2
config.ttyds02:Class2ECMType: 2.0 # follows Class 2.0 spec, not Class 2
config.ttyds03:Class2ECMType: 2.0 # follows Class 2.0 spec, not Class 2
config.ttyds04:Class2ECMType: 2.0 # follows Class 2.0 spec, not Class 2

Can you please increase ServerTracing to 0xFFF in the modem config file, restart faxgetty for one of the ports, and then post the FaxGetty log entries from your server log (/var/log/messages, probably). This will tell us what's going on as far as this goes.

Thanks.