[hylafax-users] Having a problem with hfaxd and faxwatch

Hello,

One of my coworkers has run into a problem with an instance of hfaxd
spawned by faxwatch seg faulting.  Below is his description of the
problem.  Has anyone else seen this behavior?  If so is a fix available?

Kris

________________________________

	I've found a bug in Hylafax in the triggering mechanism used by
faxwatch and hfaxd.  It causes a segmentation fault in the hfaxd that is
spawned by faxwatch.

	To reproduce it I set the 'MaxTries' and 'MaxDials' settings in
the config file to 1.  Then I start faxwatch J*.  Then I send multiple
fax jobs using sendfax to bad numbers, like '123'.  Eventually a
segmentation fault is triggered in hfaxd.  Sometimes it occurs after the
first job fails and is killed and sometimes after many jobs have dialed,
failed and been killed.

	I've debugged the segmentation fault and it always occurs in the
HylaFAXServer::triggerEvent() method in an fxStr object often in a
malloc call and sometimes in a free.  However it seems unlikely that the
bug is in fxStr, it's more likely the heap pointer is getting corrupted.

	While I think it's easiest to reproduce using the steps I've
described, I think this is only one of many instances of this bug.  I've
seen faxwatch crash on successful fax transmission as well as after
faxes are cancelled.