Re: [hylafax-users] CAPI & faxCAPIs

I am running a fax server now with 2 active AVM Fritz! ISDN controllers. These work just fine for receiving facsmile.

Which "active" AVM devices do you use? The "Fritz!" isn't active, it is a passive card and the AVM drivers only support one card in a box.

I have two configuration files for these two controllers, sitting in /var/spool/fax/etc/faxCAPI1 and faxCAPI3. Since every ISDN card has two B channels it is possible to send up to 4 facsmile at the same time.

Only if you really have active cards.

--
-rw-rw-rw- 1 fax dialout 1868 May 26 00:44 config.faxCAPI
lrwxrwxrwx 1 fax dialout 33 May 26 00:24 config.faxCAPI11 -> /var/spool/fax/etc/config.faxCAPI

As you can see, I created a few symbolic links for faxCAPI11, 12, 21, 22; where 1* are the interfaces from the first ISDN controller and 2* the interfaces for the second controller.

I am hoping that Hylafax takes these as different configuration files and automaticially adds two channels.

Don't create links. Just use "config.faxCAPI" an c2faxrecv. c2faxrecv replaces faxgetty and tells hylafax about the ISDN-devices.

After I start the hylafax server I have to add the virtual 'modems' to the hylafax server by typing:

~# faxmodem faxCAPI

Not necessary when running c2faxrecv from /etc/inittab.

However, it only sends with one interface/channel on the first controller. What are the proper commands? Do I have to do something else with the configuration files; like not making sym links to the original files? Do they need to have a different name?

Help is really appreciated. :)

LogFile:                # /tmp/capifax.log
LogTraceLevel:          0
LogFileMode:            0600

{
   HylafaxDeviceName:          faxCAPI11
   RecvFileMode:               0600
   FAXNumber:                  +49.2541.918120
   LocalIdentifier:            "Bense GmbH CAPI11"
   MaxConcurrentRecvs:         2

# ----------- outgoing params -----------
OutgoingController: 1
OutgoingMSN: 1
SuppressMSN: 0
NumberPrefix: UseISDNFaxService: 0
RingingDuration: 0

# ----------- incoming params -----------
{
Controller: 1
AcceptSpeech: 1
UseDDI: 0
DDIOffset: "12345"
DDILength: 3
IncomingDDIs: IncomingMSNs: AcceptGlobalCall: 1
}
}

Just create one "config.faxCAPI". Include as many sections with "HylafaxDeviceName:" as different "modems" should be offered to hylafax.
Attach to each "Device"-section the B-Channels ("Controller: ..." sections).

And: Search the mailing-list archives for "AVM" or "faxCAPI". This may help you too.

--
holger