[hylafax-users] reg hylafax mas faxing

Hi.

I am going to try to answer this one. I have good knowledge of concepts, but lack hands on experience in Linux.

Question 1:
Yes you can shift to a linux box all the way...
- make a postscript file of your "to be sent" fax.
- save it somewhere hylafax has sufficient permissions to work (not sure, but read and exec?)
- make a file with all your phone numbers, with long distance digits already included, seperated with commas
- make a script in bash (or else) that has a loop in it that does two things...
- cat the phone number up to the next comma...
- and pipe the number to the the /usr/faxsend command (along with proper arguments).

The advantage is that you can use the same sendq/q### file over and over, so save this in the same directory as above.

Question 2:
- I suggest to use cron job to start and stop hylafax server along with faxgetty (or faxmodem in send only envir.) Two little scripts do the job.

something like:
ps aux | grep faxgetty (plus rest of grep to get only PID of faxgetty), pipe that to a kill
service hylafax-server stop (or whatever name of your process)

and:
service hylafax-start
faxgetty ttyS0

This might not be the best solution around, but any solution may be better than none at all at times.

Anyone could complete? Or suggest something else I could learn from?

Best regards

Duke

MSN Messenger : discutez en direct avec vos amis ! http://messenger.fr.msn.ca/