Re: [hylafax-users] Fax Icon Missinf from Control Panel in Win2K

I hate when this happens...

My post for replies as to why the fax icon is missing in the control panel of my Windows 2000 machine will probably go unanswered. Why, because only in some obscure page on M$ Support site does it mention in the fine print:

"You must have a fax device (such as a modem) installed for the Fax icon to appear in Control Panel."

Why would I install a modem on a machine that is about to use a fax server to send and receive faxes. Why didn't the HylaFSP client do something about this or at least mention something during the setup that the fax service was not adequately setup?

Do you Yahoo!?