[hylafax-users] initauthconf Problem

I have Hylafax setup on server different FreeBSD (4.x-5.x) using version 4.1.7
and 8.  Recently, I setup on a FreeBSD 5.1-R with Hylafax 4.1.8 and am having
some problems with hfaxd.

I added a user via 'faxadduser -a 1234 -p 1234 test' to the system, but he
doesn't have any writing capabilities whatsoever to the fax server.  At first I
thought it was the Windows Client I was using, but then I tried to ftp server
4559.  I get prompted for a username, but then upon entering 'test' I just get
logged in without typing in a password.

To add to this, I can write to /tmp, but not /sendq or /recvq.  The only thing I
see in the logs is if I try to start Cypheus, I get this in my syslog:

HylaFAX[94609]: initauthconf: unable to open file: /etc/auth.conf

I tried symlinking /hylafax/etc/auth.conf to /etc/auth.conf to no avail.

Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated!

-Mike