Re: [hylafax-users] HylaFAX 4.1.8: ./configure: RedHat 9

Steven Kurylo wrote:

>> but I do have a gcc compiler within /usr/bin/, so what's the reason for
>> this case?
>>

>> Cannot locate a suitable C++ compiler.
>>

> You need to install g++, not just gcc

I have g++ installed (/usr/bin/g++), and this time when I run
~/hylafax-4.1.8/configure
I got the following output, but I have "libstdc++-devel-3.2.2-5",
"libstdc++-3.2.2-5" installed, any thoughts?

Clark LIU Xinyu
howau.org

Configuring HylaFAX (tm) (aka FlexFAX) 4.1.8.

If configure does the wrong thing, check the file config.log for
information that may help you understand what went wrong.

Reading site-wide parameters from /home/clark/hylafax-4.1.8/config.site.
Here we are again, this time on a i686-pc-linux-gnu system.
Using /usr/bin/gcc for a C compiler (set CC to override).
Looks like /usr/bin/gcc supports the -g option.
Using " -g" for C compiler options.
Looks like /usr/bin/gcc has an ANSI C preprocessor.
... but __ANSI_CPP__ is not automatically defined, will compensate.
Looks like /usr/bin/gcc supports the -M option for generating make
dependencies.
Using /usr/bin/gcc for a C++ compiler (set CXX to override).
Looks like /usr/bin/gcc supports the -g option.
Using " -g" for C++ compiler options.
Looks like /usr/bin/gcc has an ANSI C preprocessor.
... but __ANSI_CPP__ is not automatically defined, will compensate.
Using /usr/bin/make to configure the software.
Using "include file" syntax for Makefiles.
Looks like make supports "sinclude" for conditional includes.
Using /bin/bash to process command scripts.

Missing C++ runtime support for /usr/bin/gcc (/usr/bin/gcc).

Compilation of the following test program failed:

#include "iostream.h"
int main(){ cout << "Hello World!" << endl; return 0;}

Usually this is because you do not have a standard C++ library
installed on your system or you have installed it in a non-standard
location.  If you do not have a C++ library installed, then you must
install it.  If it is installed in a non-standard location, then you
should configure the compiler so that it will automatically be found.

(For recent gcc releases this is libstdc++, for older gcc - libg++)

Unrecoverable error!  Once you've corrected the problem rerun this script.