Re: [hylafax-users] ISDN

 --- Arno Verhoeven <pe1icq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
> Arjen de Korte wrote:
>
> >On Sunday 07 March 2004 08:17, Zavier Bull wrote:
> >

> >>I want to use Hylafax (one line is enough) with
> >>Mandrake 9.1, over ISDN. However, it would appear
> from
> >>the mail archives that getting PCI ISDN cards to
> work
> >>can be quite difficult.
> >>

> >For faxing under any OS other than Windows, true.
> All but a few exceptions,
> >will only work as a faxmodem with the bundled
> Windows drivers. Most are
> >simple ISDN-S0 to PCI interfaces. Everything else
> that is needed for using
> >them for faxing will have to be performed on the
> host processor. If you don't
> >have the neccessary drivers for the OS, you're out
> of luck.
> >

> >>Would it be easier to use a USB ISDN card? The
> driver
> >>probles would still be present, though, so perhaps
> one
> >>does't gain a lot? Any views?
> >>

> >You would run into exaclty the same kind of
> problems.
> >

> You could use an external ISDN device with a regular
> RS232 connection. I
> have one, and it behaives like just any other modem
> with an AT-command set.

So that means that e.g. the Eicon Diva 852 ISDN T/A
could be used? I notised that Linux is not listed as a
supported OS on their site:
http://www.eicon.com/worldwide/products/ISDN/Diva852.htm,
but from what you are saying it should still work via
RS232?

If so, would I have to use CAPI (which I know nothing
about) or does HylaFax know how to talk to the box via
RS232?

Regards.