Re: [hylafax-users] ISDN

On Sunday 07 March 2004 08:17, Zavier Bull wrote:

> I want to use Hylafax (one line is enough) with
> Mandrake 9.1, over ISDN. However, it would appear from
> the mail archives that getting PCI ISDN cards to work
> can be quite difficult.

For faxing under any OS other than Windows, true. All but a few exceptions,
will only work as a faxmodem with the bundled Windows drivers. Most are
simple ISDN-S0 to PCI interfaces. Everything else that is needed for using
them for faxing will have to be performed on the host processor. If you don't
have the neccessary drivers for the OS, you're out of luck.

> Would it be easier to use a USB ISDN card? The driver
> probles would still be present, though, so perhaps one
> does't gain a lot? Any views?

You would run into exaclty the same kind of problems.

Best regards,
Arjen