Re: [hylafax-users] No connection from client-pc

Aidan Van Dyk schrieb:

* Hubertus Hiden <hubertus@xxxxxxxxx> [040301 10:29]:

Hi,

I'm using Hylafax 4.1.5 from Suse 8.2 an everything works fine except the following:

"telnet localhost 4559" works
my hosts.hafaxd contains
127.0.0.1
192.168.0.
But telnetting from any other machine (win2k with ip 192.168.0.x) or using cypheus tells me that the host refused the connection.
hosts.hfaxd IS in use since removing 127.0.0.1 disables local connection.

normally the above setup should work - any ideas on where to look ??????
maybe a problem of Suse 8.2 ?

"Connection refused" means taht hfaxd never even get's a chance to authenticate the user - the connection has been blocked before it get's to hfaxd.

firewall or inetd/xinetd configuration?

hmmmm

but README.Suse states that:
During the execution of `faxsetup` you have to answer the question:
       Should an entry be added to /etc/inetd.conf [no]?
with no because we start HylaFAX(tm) standalone via init-script.

and rchylafax status shows:
Checking for service HylaFAX: HylaFAX queue manager process:         running
HylaFAX client-server protocol server:                               running

also ps ax|grep hfaxd shows hfaxd running

so IMHO hfaxd is running and should accept connections - what definitly happens locally but not from a client