Re: [hylafax-users] Designating group of modems to specific task

hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 02/24/2004 10:48:42 AM:

> Hi,
>
> The system has 48 modems (ttyG000-ttyG047), I would like modems 0-24
> to only handle incoming faxes, and 25-45 (leaving two remaining) to
> handle only outgoing.  I also would like to make sure hylafax will
> send multiple faxes to the same destination at once rather than
> create a queue and send them one at a time.

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that hylafax won't combine the
outgoing faxes that are going to the same fax number to be sent at the same
time.  I may be wrong, but I thought I read that somewhere.

> Faxgetty is only running for 0-24 so from what I can tell incoming
> faxes are already going to be handled properly. As for outgoing I
> suspect it is a simple misconfiguration on my part.
>
> In /var/spool/hylafax/etc/config.<devname> I have:

I believe you want this in etc/config and not config.<devname>.

I have 4 modems but only use one for outgoing and I have the following in
/etc/config using the "any" group:

ModemGroup:             any:ttyS1

> ModemGroup: "outgoing: ttyG0[25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,
> 38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45]"
>
> In /var/spool/hylafax/etc/destctrls I have:

> .*      Modem = outgoing
> .*      MaxConcurrentJobs = unlimited

I assume this correct, but haven't messed with that myself.  I do know that
when I had ttyS[0,1] that it wouldn't work and I had to put ttyS[01] to get
it to work.  Then I changed my mind and just used one of them.  I don't
know if it was just me or what, but others in the archive seemed to get it
to work with the commas.