Re: [hylafax-users] Fax gets resent three times

On 2004.02.23 16:15 jburley-spam@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Ah! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I didn't see the etc/ files in the grep (because it didn't have any FTS entries), but added them there and saw it start in the logs.

However, even at FTS=10, we're still getting tons of these. :/

You *still* have yet to tell me if the receiver is getting the full page of image data or not. It's very hard to debug without this information.

Would higher settings be worthwhile to try?

Probably not.

ATI3 returns "U.S. Robotics 56K FAX INT V5.22.45", perhaps there's a
config file I should be using, or could try for this particular modem?
Can
you tell that I'm flailing? ;)

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but some USR modems will die in the middle of the data transfer (hardware). This happens in both Class 2.0 and Class 1. I could show you plenty of examples of this from the hylafax-users archives, but I won't. So you may want to try a new modem... not a USR.

This seemed to start happening recently, I'm told, but that no
hardware or
configuration changes were made (hard to believe).

It's possible that the modem has failed or become defective in some way.