Re: [hylafax-users] Fax gets resent three times

On 2004.02.19 14:26 Joshua Burley wrote:

Thanks for all of your great info, Lee...

I've gone through the data that is being sent, and can't see anything
wrong
with the files that are not getting past the first page (there isn't
much
different between them and the ones that go through successfully).
And, they're
all plain text documents.

Well, that's how they start, but they fax as TIFF data, so it's pretty much irrelevant how they start.

You said that the problem might be with the timing of the data and
preceding
signals. Any suggestions as to how I could debug and fix something
like that?
Where to start looking?

You still havent told me if they are getting the full first page of image data or not.

If they are not getting any image data (i.e., no page at all or just a blank page) then the problem probably lies with the timing of Class1SendMsgDelay. It defaults at 200 ms. Increasing it to as much as 500 ms may resolve the matter. Hopefully it does not impair communications with other systems. You could also try reducing it, but that's not likely to help.

If they are getting a partial page of image data (i.e., an inch or two, but then it stops), then there could be a problem with the TIFF image data that is being sent or the modem could have problems with that particular data modulation carrier. But in this case it's probably not fixable with configuration changes.

If they are getting the full page of image data, then the problem probably lies with the timing of Class1PPMWaitCmd which defaults to AT+FTS=7. You could probably increase this to AT+FTS=9 or AT+FTS=10 without any ill effects. Maybe that would fix it.