Re: [hylafax-users] HylaFAX sends Multiple Copies to Certain Fax Machines

On 2003.12.30 10:21 Robert Cole wrote:
I'm having the exact same problem with 4.1.8 and have just finished
researching the problem in archives, etc and haven't found a solution.

My issue is not only with multiple copies of the same page during the
fax
session but with the system resending (redialing) the fax over and
over again
and sending the multiple copies over and over again.

My issue seems to be only 3 pages though. I send a one page fax and 3
pages of
are received during that fax session then it ends the session
successfully
yet dials again and sends those 3 pages again.

Anyone know how to resolve this issue? Seems a hylafax setup issue or
possibly
a modem setting but I doubt Jody and I have the exact same modem.

Dec 29 19:06:27.86: [16749]: SEND recv RTN (retrain negative)

Dec 29 19:06:53.76: [16749]: SEND recv RTN (retrain negative)

Dec 29 19:07:21.93: [16749]: SEND recv RTN (retrain negative)

In your case the remote system is sending you RTN (retransmit the same page because it is of unacceptable quality) and you're simply complying with its wishes by resending them. You probably want to look into 'man hylafax-config' RTNHandlingMethod.