[hylafax-users] Tiff2fax bug?

Hi All,

Recently I've found something strange happening on my Hylafax server
when sending to a specific fax machine.
It seemed that when sending a fax for the first time to that machine all
went well, but on the second try and later it failed with this error:

Unexpected failure in the TIFF format checker;\
the output of /usr/sbin/tiffcheck was:\
\
\

After a bit of investigation I discovered that the trouble was caused by
the parameter 'supportsMMR:yes' in the info file.

Well so it seemed that when sending to a MMR capable machine Hylafax is
not able to convert the file correctly.

Actually I discovered that the problem is not a conversion problem but
an unhandled parameter in tiff2fax script.
In fact when I send a fax to my fax machine Hylafax calls the tiff2fax
script with '-3' which is not handled neither in tiff2fax nor in
tiffcheck.

I fixed the trouble adding a fake '-3' parameter in tiff2fax, like this:

do case "$1" in
    -o)  shift; out=$1 ;;
    -l)  shift; opt="$opt -l $1" ;;
    -w)  shift; opt="$opt -w $1" ;;
    -r)  shift; opt="$opt -r $1" ;;
    -1) opt="$opt $1"; df=1d ;;
    -2) opt="$opt $1"; df=2d ;;
    -3) opt="$opt -1"; df=1d ;; # Behaves like -1
    -m) shift;;
    *)   fil="$fil $1" ;;
    esac
    shift

So, does anybody know if this is a known bug or am I missing something?

Thank you.
Bye.

--

Andrea Nicolini