Re: [hylafax-users] 11x17 Log as requested

On 2003.12.17 15:55 Frank Griffith wrote:
Wow. I didn't know that you could send 11 x 17 faxes, let alone
receive them. I don't know of any fax machines that work with anything
bigger than "legal", but what the heck do I know! I guess one could
fax an 11 x 17 sheet from an application to a Hylafax server.

Is this how it's done? Is there anything else I'd have to do to my
setup for the HylaFAX server to receive 11 x 17?

All recent HylaFAX versions should be able to receive (automatically, by default) with A4, B4, or A3 page widths using any Class 1 modem. With Class 2 modems it will depend upon the firmware support of these sizes.

I would venture to guess that most non-A4-width faxes will come from a system that is not hard-copy-fed (i.e., a computer-based sender).