Re: [hylafax-users] Reverse engineering existing configuration

stan said:
> Quite some time ago, I spent an entire weekend setting up Hylafax on a
> FreeBSD to do a large variety of stuff, inbound/outbound fax,
> inbound.outbound data, inbound.outbound ppp .... You get the idea, quite a
> complex configuration.
>
> I built i from the FreeBSD ports collection. Unfortunately I did not keep
> notes on what options I passed to the port when I built it. I had a TO-DO
> item to go back and figure this out, and store the information in
> the ports
> build file, but in the meantime I had marked that port as hold.
>
> Unfortunately, I lost the root drive on that machine last week. Now this
> isn't as big a disaster as it could be as I have complete Amanda backups.
>
> However, rather than just restoring the disk, I decided to rebuild the
> system from scratch looking at existing configuration info pulled off the
> tapes.
>
> So, I seem to recall that their is a common place where all the Hylafax
> build time options are stored, somewhere in /usr/local/spool/Hylafax? Can
> someone give me some guidance on the best way to recover this
> configuration
> information?
>
> --
> "They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve
> neither liberty nor safety."
> 						-- Benjamin Franklin

On my box the directory is /var/spool/hylafax, but its a linux box so YMMV.
Once you do determine your hylfax directory, all your config stuff should be
in the ./etc folder underneath it. The other thing that would likely be of
interest to you is your inittab file, since it sounds like you may have
tinkered with your getty's quite a bit.

HTH,
Josh