Re: [hylafax-users] CID / DID problem - update to solution

On 2003.12.13 10:37 Impact wrote:

Can you point me to a how-to to apply a "CVS HEAD"?

See http://www.hylafax.org/cvs.php

Tricks on getting 2D-MMR going? Using modems in class 2.0

It should work out-of-the-box. In theory, you should be able to install HylaFAX, run faxsetup/faxaddmodem, send a fax to a mmr-capable receiver (it will go through with 1D-MH the first time), send a fax to the same receiver again, and it should have gone through in 2D-MMR.

As for receiving, you should be able to receive MMR faxes from an MMR-sender immediately. But, you've disabled this in your modem config file.

The difference in HylaFAX CVS HEAD (to be 4.2.0) from all of that is that if you enable ModemSoftRTFCC the fax sent to an MMR receiver will go through with MMR on the first attempt rather than on the second. Since your modem supports Class2RTFCC, this probably is of little value to you. So, as long as you run the modem in Class 2.0 (and I don't recommend Class 1 on Digi, as far as I've seen), CVS HEAD won't be of much benefit to you as far as session capabilities go.