[hylafax-users] Mail to fax gateway using Sendmail 8.12.10 on Solaris 9

Hello,

I would like to setup a mail to fax gateway as described on www.hylafax.org/faxgateway.php. For that I have done everything said on the web site and sending faxes to an email address in the format name@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx works but I would like to be able to send from other hosts on the network so I would like to use the e-mail format: phonenumber.FAX@faxserver as described in www.hylafax.org/howto/clients/faxmail-nonrandom-host.php. Unfortunately that doesn't work...

From my mail server I get the following error message back:

550 5.1.2 <034589752.FAX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>... Host unknown (Name server: 034589752.fax: host not found)

Here is my bottom half of rulset 0 (sendmail.cf file)

# # Parse1 -- the bottom half of ruleset 0. #

SParse1

# handle numeric address spec
R$* < @ [ $+ ] > $* $: $>ParseLocal $1 < @ [ $2 ] > $3 numeric internet spec
R$* < @ [ $+ ] > $* $: $1 < @ [ $2 ] : $S > $3 Add smart host to path
R$* < @ [ $+ ] : > $* $#esmtp $@ [$2] $: $1 < @ [$2] > $3 no smarthost: send
R$* < @ [ $+ ] : $- : $*> $* $#$3 $@ $4 $: $1 < @ [$2] > $5 smarthost with mailer
R$* < @ [ $+ ] : $+ > $* $#esmtp $@ $3 $: $1 < @ [$2] > $4 smarthost without mailer

# resolve fake top level domains by forwarding to other hosts
R$+.FAX<@$+> $1<@$1.FAX>
R$+ < @ $+ .FAX. > $#fax $@ $2 $: $1 user@xxxxxxxx

Can anyone see something wrong why it doesn't work ?

Many thanks for the help

Regards