Re: [hylafax-users] fatal: libstdc++.so.5: open failed: No such file or directory

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 11:56, syn uw wrote:
> >You need to make sure that the shared library is somewhere which ld.so
> >will load.
> >
> >I'm not sure how this works on solaris x86.  Find where the
> >libstdc++.so.5 is (probably installed with the gcc package), and make
> >sure that directory is on that ld.so looks for (/etc/ld.so.conf, or
> >simliar).
>

> This library is located in /opt/sfw/gcc-3.2/lib
>
> Unfortunately on Solaris there is no such thing like /etc/ld.so.conf as in
> Linux. In Solaris I need somehow to tell at the compilation time to the
> binary that it has to look in /opt/sfw/gcc-3.2/lib for libraries but with
> HylaFAX I don't know how to do that, I think I need to modify the Makefiles
> or something like that but I have no knowledge of programming.
>
> Any other ideas ??

The configure script should handle this for you; there should be no need
to hand-tweak a Makefile (and if there was, you would want to tweak
configure.in or one of the other autoconf input files).

That said, the hylafax autoconf setup is really old, so it doesn't
support all the current autoconf stuff.

Try doing a "./configure --help" from within the Hylafax source
directory, and look for an option to pass additional include and/or
library (linker) paths.  If the options you need aren't there, then look
at some of the *.in files and you should find what you need.

HTH, Steve