Re: [hylafax-users] [Fwd: facsimile not received]

The copy quality checking mechanism is rejecting the page due to 6 consecutive rows of corrupt image data. Those are probably just RTC, and it may be slightly messed up and so the decoder is counting the EOLs that make up RTC as scanline EOLs instead, and thus coming up with 6 lines of corrupt image data. If you turn SessionTracing up to 0xFFF I could tell you more. If it is what I think it is, then HylaFAX CVS HEAD will not have this problem. Otherwise you can just turn your MaxConsecutiveBadLines up to 6 (from 5).

Unfortunately I can't get them to send again, so I doubt I could get you a log set at 0xFFF.

I'll up the bad lines count.

... this means that the sender interpreted our RTN signal (which means that we reject the last page sent and want the sender to retransmit) as MCF or they are simply ignoring it. The "fault" here lies with the sender failing to follow T.30 fax protocol. However, most fax machines will still print out the rejected page in this scenario anyway, and so the developer/manufacturer of the sending fax machine could be fooled into thinking that it does work "correctly" if they didn't actually pay close enough attention.

A change has been made to HylaFAX CVS HEAD called SaveUnconfirmedPages. It will cause HylaFAX to save this page (even though we rejected it) rather than deleting it.

I'll look forward to CVS being released.

Your quick response is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

--
Steven Kurylo