Re: [hylafax-users] How to Capture information from Hylafax Server before it writes into xferfaxlog file.

bosu babu wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I appreciate, if someone in the group can tell me/give me
> information
> as to how to capture the sendfax log information before
> Hylafax Server writes into xferfaxlog file.
>
> My requirement is
> -----------------------
> After Hylafax server invokes sendfax command to send a fax
> to some number it will(hylafax server)writes log
> information into xferfaxlog file.
> The log contains information like commid,modem
> line,jobtag,timetaken etc. of that  particulr fax.
> I want to capture these values and insert into database.
> I can read this info from xferfaxlog file but i want to
> capture the values after the fax was sent,before it write
> into log file b'coz  the server takes some time (around
> one min) to enter this information into log file after the
> fax was sent. so i need caputure the values before write
> into xferfaxlog file. How can capture tese values.
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Bose

I needed something similar, a log file similar to the one of
our previous faxsystem (for users convenience). I changed
bin/notify and bin/notify.awk for this purpose, you could do
the same and perhaps write a php script (instead of invoked
by notify.awk) dropping it's data in a mysql database or
where you want it .

Kind regards,

Hans Zimmerman

This email transmission and any documents, files or previous email
messages attached to it may contain information that is confidential or
legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or a person
responsible for delivering this transmission to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that you must not read this transmission and
that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution or use of this
transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone
or return email and delete the original transmission and its attachments
without reading or saving in any manner.