Re: [hylafax-users] Auto Printing Only Prints First Page of Fax

Turns out that at least for now it was a limit of the file size allowed by lpr.

I could use this command:

   tiff2ps -a2 $FILE | lpr

and it will work but it prints a copy with a gray tint all over the whole page. The fax was readable but this gray background was ugly and used more toner than neccessary. When I ran this command from the command line

   tiff2ps -a fax00035.tif | lpr

it would only print one page but then echo the error message:

   copy file too large

The /var partition on my machine is 5GB so I knew it had to be something else. A quick yahoo search of that error message came up with the fix. Turns out I need

    :mx#0:\

added to the /etc/printcap file

That at least fixed the problem from the command line. Now to see if it works once a multi-page fax is received. Strange how the -a2 switch did not have this problem but the the -a switch did.

Chris Parsons <chrisp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I found adding the option p and 1 -pa1 solved most of my little hick-ups
that I had with printing faxes. Maybe try this?

Chris