Re: [hylafax-users] [hylafax] changing FAXNumber and LocalIdentifier on the fly

On 2003.11.27 01:12 Andre Mueller wrote:
Hello

I would like to ask, if there is any possibility to change the settings of FAXNumber and LocalIdentifier of a particular modem on the fly when issuing a sendfax command?

There is no hfaxd protocol option (JPARM) to specify these configurations. So, no, not with sendfax.

However, you could do some creative work to have a faxsend-wrapper deduce this information based on the job owner and alter the setting with the "-c" option.

My scenario is that I would like to serve two companies with different fax numbers and names over the same sending modem, depending from which user group the fax was issued. (pdf or tiff documents are sent as attachments by users to the mail server where they are extracted by a script and transmitted to hylafax by issuing a sendfax command).

If you're doing receiving, however, it's impossible what company name to "present" to the sender when answering without DID.

Can this accomplished with one modem and how, or are two modems needed, one for each company (the second case would be sub optimal as fax sending volume is not very high).

Ideally you'd have two modems and two lines. If you're trying to save money then you'll need to figure out ways to share lines and/or hardware just like you're doing now.