Re: [hylafax-users] WinPrintHylaFAX Client

Frank Griffith wrote:
WHFC - Connection Refused Error

Hey guys; /dev/null for a moment.

Have you started HylaFAX? Have you set the correct host? Have you installed some sort of packetfilter / personal firewall?

We tried using WHFC and like I said it requires a copy of ghostscript

Only if you want to preview outgoing faxes.

interpreter for Windows, which means the M$ based IT group will flip

They are not able to click on the setup.exe icon of ghostscript?

out. It also says it needs a tiff viewer although I'd assume that the

If you want to view incoming faxes.

Windows photo manager would do, that is if we can find the right path setting and get that info into WHFC correctly. Too bad it wouldn't work

If you cant find the right path to photo manager, there are two possibilities. First, you simply haven't installed it, second, the guy who tried to find this out is not capable of reading documentation. You should have a user manual for photo manager and http://www.uli-eckhardt.de/whfc/1.2/docu/custom.shtm

long enough to find out if the Windows Photo Manager will be acceptable.

When I tried to run WHFC on my Win2K machine on my home LAN I ran into WHFC - Connection Refused. So I went back to change some more stuff in

What stuff exactly?

the User settings and again I only got "Connection Refused" error again.

Why the hell user settings? You have a network problem. And this settings you will find in the Systems settings dialog.
What does the HylaFAX logs says? Also see
http://www.uli-eckhardt.de/whfc/whfc_faq.shtml#WHFChangs .
Also sometimes WHFC refuses to work, when a virus is active.

I must be missing something, but the whole point of my post is that in order for HylaFAX to make it on the desktop at most organizations, it must be as easy as pie, without the need for 3rd party add-ins and above

Are you really sure, that WHFC/HylaFAX fails. On most supportcalls like yours, the problem sits in front of the keyboard.

all there must be absolutley no "error messages" on the first pass. This

If your network is broken or the server is not running, then there _MUST_ be an error message.

is the kind of thing those M$ guys in our IT department love to flaunt.

Maybe you should exchange your MS guys by someone who knows about computers. Managing servers is much more than clicking setup.exe .

That it doesn't work and you can't get support for issues.

Then go out an buy support.

Uli
--
Ulrich Eckhardt                  http://www.uli-eckhardt.de

Ein Blizableiter auf dem Kirchturm ist das denkbar stärkste
Misstrauensvotum gegen den lieben Gott. (Karl Krauss)