[hylafax-users] one of these modem freezes in reception

Hello,
 The server of fax installed in my company comprises 6 modems connected to a board 8 serial ways (PCCOM8 ISA)
on a PC PENTIUM II 233 MHz and 256 Mb of memory
OS Linux Mandrake 9.1 Hylafax 4.1.3
With much of difficulty I succeeded has to configure Modems about correctly (USROBOTICS 56 K EXT. in class 1)
2 modems are very solicited in reception (200 faxes per day).
However some time one of these modem freezes in reception without the log indicating an error specifies
I am obliged to make the order  fuser - k /dev/ttySx to free the port
Question : is this possible that this problem occurs because the board 8 serial ways is old (UART 16450 without buffer).
for example blocking of the UART??

in advance I thank you

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions