Re: [hylafax-users] PAM authentication

> Since several days in company I work almost all the services are authorize
> via LDAP. Only few are still alone. The biggest problem I found is how to
> start Hylafax authentication via LDAP which has hfax.hosts file and
> user:password rows. I started googl'ing about Hylafax and PAM but found only
> one message - which was also question - is it possible to start auth Hylafax
> with PAM.

I suspect that message was mine;  as we also have a large directory
enabled network.  I wasn't able to find any applicable information, or
any external authentication method support.  Since we currently have
VisiFAX (which we despise, BTW), we decided to postpone deployment of
HylaFAX some kind of reasonable authentication mechanism gets added.

> Please, developers from Hylafax team or other people is it possible to do
> such thing?

We poked around in the source for a bit, thinking maybe we could find a
way to hi-jack attempts to look up users in hfaxd.hosts,  but never got
anywhere.