Re: [hylafax-users] cannot send any faxes (could not create client)

I just did an:

# emerge -u hylafax

and it upgraded to 4.1.8 from the 4.1.7 release.  I wish I had payed
more attention to the previous configuration to notice what directories
where there and which ones were not.

Thank you tremendously for your answer, as adding that directory
manually did solve the problem.  Can you possibly give me a listing
(with ownership and permissions) of all directories that should be
present?  Looking in the my logs it still complains of missing tmp,
archive, and pollq directories.  But the more important question is if
there should be any files in those directories that I no longer have?

Thanks again for your quick response.
Davison

> How did you upgrade?
>
> It looks like your hylafax spool (/var/spool/hylafax) no longer has
the
> client directory (or the permisions in it are wrong).
>
> ls -ld /var/spool/hylafax/client
> drwxr-xr-x    2 uucp     uucp         4096 Nov 20
13:34 /var/spool/hylafax/client

> * Davison Long <davlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [031120 17:21]:
> > I'm running the latest version of Gentoo Linux and HylaFAX 4.1.8
> >
> > I just upgraded to the 4.1.8 release and now I'm have a MAJOR
problem.
> > I cannot send any faxes or even run the faxstat utility.
Everything
> > that follows is occuring on localhost (no remote clients).  The
> > following is what the faxstat utility returns:
> >
> > #faxstat -vs
> > Trying localhost (127.0.0.1) at port 4559...
> > Connected to localhost.
> > 420 luther.vagop.com server cannot initialize: Could not create
> > client/2044: No such file or directory
> >
> > Digging deeper, I check the system logs and find the following
lines:

> > Nov 21 02:46:11 luther FaxQueuer[2033]: HylaFAX (tm) Version 4.1.8
> > Nov 21 02:46:11 luther FaxQueuer[2033]: Copyright (c) 1990-1996 Sam
> > Leffler
> > Nov 21 02:46:11 luther FaxQueuer[2033]: Copyright (c) 1991-1996
Silicon

sales@xxxxxxxxxxxx*