Re: [hylafax-users] Consistent failure in sending faxes

On 2003.11.20 19:26 Michael Evans wrote:
Lee Howard wrote:

To send at 4800 bps use the 'sendfax -B 4800' option.

To disable V.29 you have to force the Class1TMQueryCmd and Class1RMQueryCmd options. See 'man hylafax-config' for details. You should try the sendfax option first, though.

Do you have this trouble sending to all destinations or just this one?

Lee.

Lee,

In answer to the last question: I don't know, I haven't had the chance to try sending to different destinations.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but you're asking me to take the time to think through your problem and try to help you when you haven't bothered to take the time to at least try sending to another destination. I'm not impressed.

I don't think 'sendfax -B 4800' is going to work for us, as everyone is using Windows machines and I plan to have them send through WHFC.

For testing purposes it's not particularly important whether or not 'sendfax -B 4800' works for all of you or not. You just need to try it once to see if that goes fine. If it does *then* we bother trying to figure out how to make it work for all of you. Furthermore, if it does work, you'll not likely want to limit all future faxes at 4800 bps if you'll be doing any normal amount of toll-charged faxing (you'll waste a lot of money on phone bills and may as well buy a new modem to get 14400 bps).

Asking them to run a SSH session and enter text on a command line just won't work.

So I'd like to try the other option, that is, get hylaFAX to avoid the higher speeds.

Well, I wasn't necessarily trying to present that as an option but as a theoretical possibility. You'd need HylaFAX CVS to do it since the configuration parameters to do it weren't in-place until recently.