Re: [hylafax-users] modem diamond

Hi,

On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 15:12, Ami wrote:
> hi i have a pci modem diamond supraexpress 56i pro , i know it has a
> rockwell chipset.
> when installed on redhat 7.3 zudzu will identify it as:
> 00:0d.0 Serial controller: Rockwell International HCF 56k Data/Fax
> Modem (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [8250])
>         Subsystem: Diamond Multimedia Systems: Unknown device 0a00
>         Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 12
>         Memory at e5a00000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
>         Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 1
> i try to run faxaddmodem but no configuration file is found.
> i am confused now , what modem is it ? , hardware-modem ? ,
> softwaremodem ? ,

It's a bare controllerless software modem with a Conexant DSP chip. They
have a binary only kernel module somewhere at http://www.linuxant.com/ I
believe, but as far as I know, it doesn't support fax features.

So it's not a matter of hylafax support, the software modem is not able
to act as a fax machine, I think.

-HTH
--
|          |  Enver ALTIN (a.k.a. skyblue)