Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax works halfway

Well, irritant certainly is not the word, but annoying
yes, when people put questions and don't bothered
reading the documentation.

1st irritant.

Did you bothered reading the documentation about
printing using samba?

2nd irritant.

Did you bothered reading the setup documentation
and/or what the faxsetup script  tells you what to do
about faxgetty? And where you must place a call to it?

3rd irritant

How much you wait before calling the faxstat command?

Tip for documentation

http://www.hylafax.org/setup.php
http://www.hylafax.org/howto/index.php
http://www.hylafax.org/HylaFAQ/index.php

and the mailling list archives search page

http://www.hylafax.org/archive/index.php

You can expect help here in the mailling list, but you
must agreed that you can help better yourself after
reading some documentation, right?
Any aditional question just post.

Cheers and welcome to HylaFAX

--- Marc Arbour <ma@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi to you all.
>
> I have the latest RedHat 9 and Hylafax 4.1.7 running
> on i386. All
> packages are up 2 date. I followed the install
> procedure from the TAR
> file as well as the RPM for RH9. Both give me the
> same result. I did
> faxsetup, faxaddmodem and faxmodem. Nowhere in the
> processus did I get
> an error (a small tiff lib prob, but fixed by
> installing libtiff-devel).
> Everything went exactly as expected.
>
> 1st irritant:
> I print to HYPERLINK

"file://\\\\serveripaddress\\faxlp"\\serveripaddress\faxlp