Re: [hylafax-users] Rocketmodem & Hylafax, No dial tone

On 2003.06.25 12:24 Paul B Lorah wrote:
> Hi-
>
> I've successfully installed Hylafax on an i386 box running Debian
> 3.0r1
> with a Comtrol RocketModem 8 ISA card installed.  I can communicate
> properly with all 8 modems.  However, when I "broadcast" multiple
> faxes
> at the same time over these modems (all on independent lines), only
> one
> manages to get a dialtone (and then successfully faxes its document),
> and the others fail, claiming "NO DIAL TONE".  I've checked to make
> sure
> the dial tones are present with an analog phone, and they are.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Also, these phones lines do work simultaneously faxing with a bunch of
> old Macs running FaxSTF :)
>
> What settings in Hylafax or the system configuration could affect
> this?

If these lines are coming off of a PBX, then the PBX could be doing
it.  You've said that these lines do work simultaneously with another
set of equipment, though, so maybe that's of no help to you.

If it's the same modem getting dialtone each time, then make sure that
each other modem configuration file has the correct settings to
actually get a dialtone (like "ModemDialCmd:  ATDT9,%s" if you have to
dial 9 to get a tone).