Re: [hylafax-users] _[hylafax-users]_Weird_Internation alisation:_äöü

Holger Raschke wrote:

> To: hylafax-users@hylafax.org, holger.raschke@presse-data.de
> Subject: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re=3A_=5Bhylafax-users=5D_Weird_Internation?=
>  =?ISO-8859-1?Q?alisation=3A_=E4=F6=FC?=
>
> The subject is not "nice", isn't it?

See this is what I'm saying. No need to quarrel: with another client
attached to a POP3-server you will see the 'Umlaute' very nicely. I
*did* try before writing the mail. The MTA on my server passes the
message on including üöä into another mailbox, from which a client can
pick up the undistorted Subject. Ask for a screenshot, if you like ... !
By the way: The Subject line in my client here (Mozilla) *does* show the
'Umlaute' and I only pressed 'Reply all' on the mail in the Inbox. while
I am typing these lines. Meaning that from me typing the original mail
through all MTAs and your Inbox followed by your client back into my
Inbox and now at 'Reply' the äöü are still there !
Which is the best proof possible that the *client* is responsible.

Time to go back to square 1: Why does faxmail not produce the original
letters, while the body comes out nicely ?

Uwe