Re: [hylafax-users] Cover page woes

Okay, my current PS file, newfaxcover.ps, has the xxxx-variables in place
where I want them.  I understood that make_faxcover edited the PS file in
such a way that hylafax could substitute in those variables.  Is this not
the case?

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Frank Peters wrote:

> On Mon, 09 Jun 2003 21:58:13 -0700 (PDT)
> Joe Hylkema <hylkemaj@seattleu.edu> wrote:
>
> > Okay, so I downloaded tgif and customized my cover page.  I saved my
> > masterpiece and ran it through make_faxcover.  I then viewed the resulting
> > coverpage with gv . . . and there was my coverpage complete with all the
> > XXXX fields.
>
> I don't understand the problem.
>
> Tgif and make_faxcover will not produce any useful PostScript file.  The
> whole point is to to create a PostScript file that can be processed
> with the HylaFAX faxcover program.
>
> Run faxcover -C yourfile.ps [variable options] > coverpage.ps
>
> where yourfile.ps is the file produced with Tgif and make_faxcover
> and [variable options] are the options that you want substituted.
>
> The output coverpage.ps should be a valid PostScript file with
> the appropriate variables substituted.
>
> Frank Peters

>   *To learn about commercial HylaFAX(tm) support, mail sales@hylafax.org.*

Joe Hylkema
joe@wa-state-resident.com

"Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under."

-- H.L. Mencken