Re: [hylafax-users] Ftp to hylafax server fails.

is it possible to ftp to that port?  i know you havta change hosts.hfaxd to grant access to say a winblows client.    also check your firewall isn't blocking as well.  (iptables) nmap linux box from itself to make sure that it is indeed listening.  then perhaps portscan from the destination to make sure you can get to the port from destination...
-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Whittaker [mailto:bwhittak@energy.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 11:48 AM
To: hylafax-users@hylafax.org
Subject: [hylafax-users] Ftp to hylafax server fails.

HI all,

I'm trying to get an old copy of Hylafax running (hylafax-4.1rc1) under AIX 4.3.3 on our server Host1. The initial problem I have is that if I ftp to the hylafax port or issue a sendfax I get the following error message

Service not available, remote server closed connection

I have ensured that I have etc/hosts.hfaxd present as follows

-rw-------   1 uucp     uucp         132 Jun 04 18:08 hosts.hfaxd

with the following entries

localhost
127.0.0.1
10.9.130.36
cass3

Can anyone provide any guidance on this one ?

Bruce Whittaker,
CASS Support,
Extension  34193
External     (02) 9269 4193.
This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately via return e-mail and then delete the original e-mail. EnergyAustralia has collected your business contact details for dealing with you in your business capacity. More information about how we handle your personal information, including your right of access is contained at http://www.energy.com.au.