Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax and AVM C4

Hello folks, hello Martin!

Since I do not care of receiving, I cannot guarantee that it will function
with my way of installation. The sending works - however with only one
channel yet (I'm trying to make at least 4 channels usable). Here is how
I've installed the C4 card:

- normal RH installation
- installed the hylafax RPMs for RH80 (there are still none for RH9, are
they?)
- inserted the card
- got http://ixi.thepenguin.de/capi4hylafax-01.02.00-mdk-3.tar.gz (though
this package is for MDK, it works fine for RH)
- installed libtiff from sources (though it is not needed in fact: you can
edit the "configure" script to
  link the math library when using libtiff (add "-lm") instead)
- created a /etc/capi.conf with the parameters:
c4              c4.bin  DSS1    -       -       -       1       P2P
c4              c4.bin  DSS1    -       -       -       2       P2P
c4              c4.bin  DSS1    -       -       -       3       P2P
c4              c4.bin  DSS1    -       -       -       4       P2P
(omit the P2P part if you are using a normal phone line and not a PBX; the
card enumeration does not matter)
- issued capiinit start
- swore - began to look for the firmware file
- cracked open the i4lfirm package from SuSE (the must be another way
finding the firmware -
  but that was simply the fastest; probably I should have had a look at the
driver CD packaged with the controller)
  and extracted the c4.bin file to /usr/lib/isdn
- issued "capiinit start" again (perhaps you need to "modprobe capi" before
that)
- AHA!
- inserted the "capiinit start" line into the hylafax init script
- changed "once" to "respawn" in the /etc/inittab for the c2faxrecv
- copied examples/sample_AVMC4_config.faxCAPI to
${HYLAFAXDIR}/etc/config.faxCAPI and edited it
- service hylafax restart
(you can reboot instead if it makes you feel better)
- sending works - on one channel.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Dmitri Barski
Serveradministration UNIX