[hylafax-users] modem on /dev/ttyM1a appears wedged

Hello All,
 I have recently set up a HylaFax server. I'm using a MultTech ISI5634
multimodem (4 modems, PCI card) in a Compaq 1600R server. Red Hat 7.2 is
the OS. It's been running pretty well except for a couple of minor
problems.

One, is the message in the subject line. Looks like the first modem in the
multimodem card is stuck. This happens pretty much on a regular basis. The
only way I can clear it is to restart the server. All the other modems
never jam so any incoming fax's just skip the first modem and get
processed. I get the usual email message warning me of this. It say's;

 The HylaFAX software thinks that there is a problem with the modem
on device /dev/ttyM1a that needs attention; repeated attempts to
initialize the modem have failed.

Consult the server trace logs for more information on what is happening.

I cannot seem to find the trace log.

The second concern is with writing the "faxrcvd" script correctly so that
it prints fax's immediately. I have a simple script line that does this but
it took me about 20 hours and 100 restarts to come up with one that works.
Any examples of this in any of the documentation from hylaFax or anywhere
does not work. Mind you, I'm not bitching. I have really enjoyed putting
this together and making it work. Now I would like to really tweak it and
get as much out of it as possible. I have yet to use this in reverse where
my clients can send out fax's. Before I do that I want to work out the
minor bugs. I have enough on my plate now without having 60 users coming to
me with new problems.

Any help will be appreciated.....Joe

Joseph Blavatt
I.S. Manager