Re: [hylafax-users] Barcode

Paul van Brouwershaven wrote:

>I'm looking for a barcode solution to connect the received faxes
>automatically with some records in my database.

If you're a programmer and the bar code is always in the same position
on the page (1/4" from the bottom right or something), then just check
the two possible corners of the received fax (it could be upside-down of
course) and write yourself a little image-recognition software that can
pick out the vertical bars and read the distances and widths thereof.
 The specs for barcode reading are almost all online in various places.

PS, this could be a large project :)

--
Michael T. Babcock
C.T.O., FibreSpeed Ltd.