Re: [hylafax-users] Routing jobs per host based on prefix

--- "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra@baylink.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 08:21:43AM -0800, Pedro
> Rocadas wrote:
> > > Sure it would... *if* you were using the unix
> > > client.  But you'd have
> > > to do it manually, or, as I say, write a
> wrapper.

Well, adding the lines to do this on my AS400script
will not be hard. The problem is when the users send
the fax from WHFC :-(.

> > Well, I tested with sendfax -h ttyS@host
> > for your words I presume that doing -h @host the
> job
> > will be sent for any modem available in the remote
> > host.
>
> I believe you drop the "@" as well, and just use the
> hostname.

You're absolutly right ;-). From man sendfax

-h [modem@]host[:port]

Force  the  jobs to be processed on a specific
host  and,  optionally,  using  a   particular
modem.<cuted>

> > > changes
> > > pass
> possible
> hyla.conf(?),
> > > much
> > >
> > > As long as you're willing to stay on one server,
> > > yes.
> >
> > Losted here. What you mean by "willing to stay on
> one
> > server" ?
>
> If you want the *server* to make the decisions about
> where to send the
> job, it can only select from modems it can connect
> to directly.  If you
> want to choose a *server*, you have to do it
> client-side.

Well, actually the host it's the issue, client-side
speaking. If I configure a group of modems to
outgoing-only at the remote host, I don't needed to
specify that pool of modems, I guess. That's why I
mention dialrules. A regexp to pass the FAXSERVER
environment
variable to hylafax could be fasible? I'm not touching
security issues, yet :-).

> ;-).
> > >
> > > Well, thanks.  Nice to know I'm good for
> *something*
> > > around here...
> >
> > Aaah, a modest(spell it well?) guy eheheh.
>
> :-)

And with sense of humour too, eh! Cheers.