Re: [hylafax-users] Routing jobs per host based on prefix

--- "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra@baylink.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 07:38:09AM -0800, Pedro
> Rocadas wrote:
> > Me and my enthusiasm when focusing a new level in
> > hylafax :-)). Yes, we have dedicated lines
> connecting
> > our different offices so, my idea was, based in
> the
> > first 2 digits route the outgoing fax. I make a
> single
> > teste where I indicated the modem. I guess just
> doing
> > sendfax -h @host will not work.
> > >

> Sure it would... *if* you were using the unix
> client.  But you'd have
> to do it manually, or, as I say, write a wrapper.

Well, I tested with sendfax -h ttyS@host
for your words I presume that doing -h @host the job
will be sent for any modem available in the remote
host.

> > > There isn't currently
> > > any way of which *I'm* aware to have one server
> > > shunt a job to another,
> > > and this would likely require major
> restructuring --
> > > look for it in
> > > HylaFAX 5.  :-)
> >
> > 5? Ouch! :-)
>
> It requires a *lot* of fundamental change to the way
> things are
> handled.
>
> > Well, I agreed with you. It must be made some
> changes
> > to permit dialrules based on prefix/digits and
> pass
> > the host info to hylafax. But, if if it's possible
> > right now to setup a remote host in hyla.conf(?),
> much
> > of the work is already done, right?
>
> As long as you're willing to stay on one server,
> yes.

Losted here. What you mean by "willing to stay on one
server" ?

> > As usual, a pleasent piece of text to read ;-).
> Cheers.
>

> Well, thanks.  Nice to know I'm good for *something*
> around here...

Aaah, a modest(spell it well?) guy eheheh.