Re: [hylafax-users] Routing jobs per host based on prefix

--- "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra@baylink.com> wrote:
> It *sounds* to me like what you want is something
> akin to "least cost
> routing", where something -- either client or server
> -- chooses the
> proper server to send a job out through based on the
> destination
> number.

Me and my enthusiasm when focusing a new level in
hylafax :-)). Yes, we have dedicated lines connecting
our different offices so, my idea was, based in the
first 2 digits route the outgoing fax. I make a single
teste where I indicated the modem. I guess just doing
sendfax -h @host will not work.

> At the moment, I think that the only way to get
> there from here is to
> *nix sendfax client, and wrap it with a script that
> does a lookup.  I'm
> pretty sure none of the Windoze clients do it right
> now, and while you
> can do a limited version with dialrules,

The idea is not have to hack with the client side. As
you said, diong some work with dialrules will be the
right way.

> I'm almost
> certain you can
> only select a certain modem on a given server.

Probably, but considering our volume (300+ per day)
and having multiple servers that's not an issue :-).

> There isn't currently
> any way of which *I'm* aware to have one server
> shunt a job to another,
> and this would likely require major restructuring --
> look for it in
> HylaFAX 5.  :-)

5? Ouch! :-)
Well, I agreed with you. It must be made some changes
to permit dialrules based on prefix/digits and pass
the host info to hylafax. But, if if it's possible
right now to setup a remote host in hyla.conf(?), much
of the work is already done, right?

> Cheers,
> -- jra

As usual, a pleasent piece of text to read ;-). Cheers.