From: Tom Rymes [mailto:rymes@mac.com]
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2002 10:10 PM
To: sachindra.nath@iba.com.sg
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] MODEM /dev/ttyS1 appears to be wedged on a
linux Redhat 7.1 system

On Monday, October 21, 2002, at 04:09  AM, sachin wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>    I urgently need some help to counter this problem, I had been
> facing for
> the last couple of weeks. I have been trying to do a fresh
> installation of
> hylafax 4.1.3 (as well as, later 4.1.4) on a linux redhat 7.1 system,
> doing
> a source build. I am using a Class 1 modem It is a US Robotics 56K FAX
> EXT
> Rev. 11.13.14 ...
> I have been continuously getting the message
> MODEM /dev/ttyS1 appears to be wedged

I can't help specifically, but have you tried USRobotics' Windows-only
update utility to upgrade your firmware? That helped with two
"performance pro" internal PCI Modems. (at first they weren't even
recognized by the linux kernel, after upgrade of firmware, everything
is great.) The utility is on the CD that came with your modem.

Tom