[hylafax-users] Newbie Questions

Hi there.  I'm new.

I've been interested in Hylafax for some time as I need to send what could
eventually be a serious number of faxes out in a daily period.  I might be
looking at tens of thousands of individual page faxes going to individual
locations, not broadcast.

I've devised a system on the back end to get PDFs generated to throw at such
a system, but I need to discuss with this fine list, what the best route
would be.

My calculations show I have a big system in place, perhaps occupying tens of
fax lines.

So to get my head around how this can work, I need to know what would be
best for me.

I'm a Mac guy.  Love Mac OS X Server with the new Xserve.  Would like to
have these boxes serving Hylafax using multiple output streams.

Questions:

- Has anybody successfully got Hylafax running on OS X Server?
- How can I send out multiple streams by going through an IP gateway or
digital system, rather than hooking up to 8 or 16 regular analog modems?
That seems rediulous.
- Is there a way to pool all my outgoing faxes into a big pool and have them
go out that way, depending on how busy a single server is?  Assuming
multiple servers.

Cheers.

--- Rich Fortnum / Viaduct Productions / Toronto (EST)
--- Interactive Web Design / Databases / Wireless Data
--- fortnum@viaduct-productions.com / http://www.viaduct-productions.com