Re: [hylafax-users] Detecting the difference between a fax, human and no answer

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 11:37:10AM +0100, Steve Cox wrote:
> The FAQ says adding a '@' to the end of the dial string will enable this
> detection - for which I added the line:
>
> ModemDialCmd:   ATDT%s@
>
> to config.ttyS0
>
> but now it's coming up with "No answer from remote" when I pick up the call
> manually - and there is no single short tone on pick up either which it does
> without the '@'. When I hang up, faxstat still reports the job is being sent
> - when it times out, it reports no answer.

That very likely ought to be taken out of the FAQ, or at least made
more conditional than it appears it now is: thta syntax only works on
some modems, and on those where it doesn't work, it usually breaks them
completely.

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")