Re: [hylafax-users] Custom FaxDispatch

On Wednesday, October 9, 2002, at 06:33  PM, Tom Rymes wrote:

> Howdy, folks. I've been checking out the docs, and I wanted to know if
> anyone could help me with a problem. I want to make a custom
> FaxDispatch that will allow redirection of received faxes depending on
> which modem received the fax.

Well, I'm answering my own question, kind of. Anyway, I added the
following to /var/spool/hylafax/etc/FaxDispatch:

case "DEVICE" in
         ttyS4)
                 FILETYPE=PDF;
                 SENDTO=me@address.com;
                 /usr/sbin/tiff2ps -a $FILE | lp -d xerox_p8;;
                 /bin/mv $FILE /shared/fax/
         ttyS4)
esac

The idea is that the received faxes from device ttyS4 should be sent to
me@address.com via e-mail, printed to the printer named xerox_p8, and
then moved to the directory /shared/fax.

if I run the command 'bin/faxrcvd "recvq/fax00002.tif" "ttyS4"
"00000025" "" ""' (which I copied out of /var/log/messages from the
last fax reception), I get this error:

bin/faxrcvd: etc/FaxDispatch: line 6: syntax error near unexpected
token `$FILE'
bin/faxrcvd: etc/FaxDispatch: line 6: `         /bin/mv $FILE
/shared/fax/'

Any help with this? I do not get the e-mail, the page doesn't print,
but FaxMaster does get the regular e-mail.

Thank you,

Tom