[hylafax-users] Scripting large fax jobs

Hi,

I'm looking to setting up a batch job to handle a large number of outbound
faxes (nothing dodgy - legitimate subscription reminder / management
notifications).

It's going to effectively be a 'mail merge' with name and fax number -
though the rest of the document is standard.

What I'm looking to do is fax out 500 or so per day / night for a week or
so. I would think a script based around the sendfax command will work fine
but I'm looking for folk's thoughts on what issues may arrise.

Biggest concerns is having the script repeatedly call a voice number (due to
incorrectly added fax number). especially if it's going out overnight. The
man page for sendfax says the program not requeue a job if it detects a non
fax pickup - has anyone had problems with this not working?

What would be the best way to schedule up the jobs so they don't time out
waiting for previous jobs to complete? The howto says to use the '-w' option
which I assume means have the sendfax program work on one fax til it's
complete but will this mean it may take a time to move onto the next if the
job is failing/havinh problems - 3 hours by default?

Does anyone have any submission scripts they would be appropriate tey would
be willing to share?

Thanks

PS. One thing we may want to is personalize each fax contents. Rather than
have to pre-process each fax, I was thinking of just using a fax-cover sheet
to be the fax message itself - but I don't know if it is possible to send
out a fax with 'no' message - just the cover page itself?