Re: [hylafax-users] Suggested Linux Distri for Hylafax?

I run Hylafax on a Redhat 7.0 system. I know... I know... upgrade.
I installed it about 2 years ago. It has two Best modems hanging from
it. The system is just a 500MHZ Duron with 256MB of RAM.

I did a Red Hat custom install. X-11 is not running on it. Hylafax came
up the first time and has run like a champ ever since.

We process mortgage loans as an outsource company so we get
500 - 1500 or more pages a day of fax information. The processors
send another 500-1000 pages a day of loan information to lenders
for submissions and conditions. This little system just runs and runs and
runs. It never gives me any problems. Last time it was rebooted was about
8 months ago. That was because the building we were in at that time
burned up. We were on the 3rd floor and some one on the first floor
threw a cigarette into a dumpster.

The server survived and after it dried out came up running with no
problems.

For me it has been a very successful easy installation and deployment.

Mike

Mike McMullen

CIO - Express Processing Center

7637 Fair Oaks Blvd Suite #2
Carmichael, CA 95608

Tel:      1-866-515-4421 or 916-944-7790 ext. 2
Fax:     1-866-843-8795 or 916-944-8422
Email:  mlm@loanprocessing.net
Web:   www.loanprocessing.net

"From chaos comes true genius..."